Friday, February 20, 2015

It's in the little things



One week has passed since the crazy Valentine's weekend. Oh no no, it's not that I threw party or something like that. My friends and I sold roses for Valentine's Day. They are soooo talented.

This flower arrangement experience really reminds me of the power of the little things. When you buy the roses, you literally just see the top of the roses and filler flowers. However, we (the florist *cough cough*) saw the roses from various angles. You may think that the roses come instantly in good shape. Nope, they do not. Now I understand why other people sell flowers at a high price. It takes a lot of effort to make sure that the roses last long and it takes a lot of time to prepare the flowers.

This roses business is not only about money. I also learn the power of little things from my dear friend who still had the time to prepare dinner for us on the eve of Valentine's Day. Not only dinner, but a healthy dinner for a fussy-eater like me.

Now that we experience the 'hardship' of selling roses, I really believe that no good things come instantly. I don't think life is about 'being convenient'. Other people may just think that this kind of business is 'easy' as you 'just' need to sell the roses. However, it's not true. You may not believe it, but those bouquets are not 'anonymous'. Even though they are all similar, when we arranged the roses, we really thought of whom the roses are for (not only about whose order it was). One of my duties was to write the message and I really prayed for the person who would receive the flower. Be it for the reason of celebration, or reconciliation.

Now that one week has passed since the Valentine's Day, I really hope these lessons of the little things stuck in my mind (and my heart). And of course, I wish that my two friends ,who did this for a very important cause, will be able to cherish each other more after Valentine's Day (after being busy to help others show their love to their loved ones on the Valentine's Day). Thank you friends for showing me how to love! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment