Friday, April 15, 2016

A review about some app - a dummy's perspective

My current phone is only my second smart phone after my beloved Nokia phone's screen cracked into pieces last year. The current one is an Android phone so I am so happy to finally be able to download app from Google Play Store. Here are some apps that I've found very useful:

1. MoneyLover

One of my new year resolutions is tidying up my budget every month. I have been taking note of every expenses, but I have not been able to look at the bigger picture of how much I spend per category. Thanks to my brother, I installed MoneyLover app. It's my first month using it and since I already have the habit of taking notes of my spending, this app makes it easier to tidy up the categories.

2. OvuView

Similarly, I have been tracking my menstrual cycle although I'm single (read here for more information of the importance of tracking your menstrual cycle). I am less consistent in doing this compared to in taking note of my budget. This app allows you to key in temperature, mucus characteristics etc depending on the method that you use. I have no say yet about the accuracy of this app but it helps me to be aware of my body and changes of mood related to the hormonal changes.

3. Pocket

You can download the articles that you want to read later in this app. In this case, I can tell myself to switch off my data, but I still can read the articles offline. Unlike facebook or pinterest, this app puts a stop of the scrolling down habit. Unfortunately, not all articles can be viewed offline.

I used to be a super-hardcopy person. However, some inventions do help me to organize my life better =D

No comments:

Post a Comment