Sunday, March 5, 2017

Lenten Note #1: Have I given everything?

Was it a few days ago or last week that we read the parable of the rich young man? I can't remember.
Anyway, there are moments when I'm asking myself, "Have I really given everything to the Lord?" When I'm super tired, I sometimes complain to God, oh God I think you're really squeezing everything out of me already. However, there's a little whisper there, "Really? Everything?"

One of the things that is the most difficult for me to let go is my personal plan. I'm one of those who feels really insecure when I can't see what's next. I love to plan. Let me repeat, I LOVE to plan. I'm thinking in a quarter or six months, and I have this yearly view of important dates within this year. Unfortunately, not everything can be planned that far. It's still difficult for me to have that faith of knowing something last minute, or having last minute changes. That's why little sickness like cough or flu really disturbs me. I don't like changes. I want to be in control.

I don't say that planning is not important, it is indeed very important. However, I would really hope that I'm less agitated when things don't go according to my plan. Let's try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment