Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Taiwan trip - Life at the factory

1 Dec 2010 My aunt brought me to the factory in Ying Ge, the outskirt of Taipei. She introduced me to her friends: two Indonesians, whom I called Ge Ge and Ai Ida. On that day she had to put glue on ‘some’ hundreds of cardboards. Initially she planned to absent and brought me to Danshui, but it seemed that she had to finish working on the cardboard soon so I stayed there with her till 8pm. I also met some of her Taiwanese friends and some Indonesians that she told me to avoid coz they didn’t like each other :P
Ai Ida



The factory

Outside of the factory


First time when I saw this row of motorbikes, I know that my aunt's was the purple one. She LOVES purple!!!


The machine which they use to tie the cardboard
I've told you, my aunt loves purple!!


It was the first time I entered a factory which really requires people to work on the same thing for days or weeks. My aunt was paid according to how much she could produce.

3 Dec 2010 Time to get the wage! :)
My aunt, Ai Ida, and another Taiwanese Ai went to the office to check the price of the cardboards. She told me that the company pressed down the price so they earned less. Around 5pm, they all gathered and complained to their ‘supervisor’ (I’m not sure what this guy was in charge of). Then they were just screaming “jung mi ang” “jung mi ang” (oh no.. I can’t write the pin yin..anyway, it means “help!help!” because their wage was cut in that way)

On that day, I slept in the factory for 3 hours. Hahahaha.. Ai Ida had a chair and pillow in the factory!! :P I was wearing sweater + vest + jacket + 2 jackets as blankets!! (it was supercold!!). After working, me, my aunt, Ai Ida, and Ge Ge went to have dinner (we were supposed to go karaoke) in an area where there are a lot of Thai and Vietnamese restaurant. The restaurant+karaoke place was closed so we ended up in an Indo restaurant, had some lontong, then I bought some Indomie. HAHAHAHA. They were chatting a lot about their friends and their life while I was just sitting nicely with innocent face coz they gave funny name to their friends as initials, eg “Snow White”.

No comments:

Post a Comment