Sunday, July 2, 2017

The difficulties of accepting God's will

Hello,

We're halfway through 2017!!

Today I'd like to share about the topic of doing God's will. I'm really inspired by people around me whom I've perceived as one who can accept God's will (that can be difficult) cheerfully, like many couples who can't conceive children or couples who have children with certain challenges such as special needs or physical challenges.

However, despite these examples, I (still) find it hard to accept God's will. I try to convince myself that I've been blessed with many many things, yet it's still difficult to accept some of His will.

Have you ever walked in the dark? Recently in the girls' camp with a girls' club, we did a game called the Blindman's Trail. The girls were blindfolded and they formed a long line, with just a few girls who were not blindfolded and they guided the rest of the girls. As a facilitator, my job was just to make sure that the girls did not roll down the stairs or something like that. The girls were supposed to walk quietly, but of course having been blindfolded, it was uncomfortable for them and they were complaining or yelling sometimes (especially when the girls who were not blindfolded tried to trick them).

As a bystander, I was just repeatedly telling them to keep quiet according to the instruction.

However, now I think I kinda now what they felt.

I feel I'm blindfolded now.

In my head, I know that God will lead me to a safe place, yet in my heart, I really feel uncomfortable and I'm tired (even though my job is supposed to be just follow the trail). I heard clearly that God wants me to trust him in the trail, but I felt it's just so tough to accept it.

I don't like it, as much as I want to accept His will, now I'm in a stage of feeling tired and I hope the blindfold will be opened soon.

So what to do?

Again, I'm reminded by the example of Montse Grase that has been mentioned many times during the camp. She accepted God's will cheerfully (she was diagnosed with a bone cancer when she was 17).

Help me, Lord :) Amen!

1 comment: