Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Living my life as if there's nothing certain in this world (oh well, there are few certain things I guess)

Some of you know that I'm signing up for Standard Chartered Marathon (yes, full marathon).
When I do my long run training (which is behind schedule), I often drag myself and ask, "Oh man why did I sign up for this???"

I remember that my running buddy and I registered for super early bird price after the euphoria of our first half-marathon in April. It was a great experience and there was a sense of achievement.

and trada...this is the relationship between the title and and marathon:
It gave me a sense of achievement and a certainty.

When you work, there's no target for exam grade anymore.
You can't really target for how much salary increment you wanna have.
You can't have a super specific target in your family life. My friend's mom has been bugging her to get pregnant soon, but seriously, you don't know how fast the baby will come! And I've seen many friends who can't have children (that's why I stop asking people "When are you going to have kids?").
People who are engaged can break up too! Once my parents received an invitation for a wedding in Bali, tickets were booked, but the wedding was called off and my parents ended up going to Bali for a holiday.


But seriously, there's nothing certain in marathon too. Maybe it'll rain, maybe there's an accident, or...so that I don't sound too negative, maybe I will run faster than my target. When I first did my half-marathon, I was not sure if I would be okay because I heard cases of people die in the afternoon after the half-marathon. So I went for confession the day before the race and before I took nap, I asked my friend to call me a few hours later to check if I was still alive. Hehehe.

There's nothing certain in this world, except God's love :)
Except God's love.. Isn't it beautiful?

All the love and beauty on this world is just a tiny reflection of His love.

Unfortunately sometimes I'm caught up with focusing on this tiny reflection.
Isn't it amazing if I try to live with this awareness of God is the most important person in my life, rain or shine? Rather than waiting for things to fail, break down, or scramble before I live with this awareness.

There is nothing certain in this world, except God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment