Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Five-Minute Writer - Day 1 - Rituals

My vacation has just started and I have been wanting to do something meaningful this vacation. So I load up my eBook loans on my OverDrive and found “The Five-minute Writer” by Margret Geraghty.
Since I have not been posting anything for the past year, this is a good chance to write again! The author has only around three pages in one chapter and the chapter ends with an exercise to write.

Day 1 Rituals

I have never iron a man’s long sleeve shirt until I got married recently. I turned my husband’s shirt many times and ironed it, yet I found crumples here and there. So I found my solace in Youtube and I watched a particular video two or three times till I remembered the order of ironing the shirt: the collar, the sleeves, the shoulders, the back, and the front; do not forget to iron between the buttons. I make sure the water is always filled full in the steam iron so I can iron the pile of laundry without running out of water in the middle. Oh well, I still run out of water with a few of pieces of clothing left to be ironed. My ironing skill is still not perfect, but I think I’m getting faster. I switch a few favourite things to do while I iron the clothes: from listening to our wedding reception songs to listening to a podcast by Laura Vanderkam on career and family. Disclaimer: my husband does not torture me to do laundry, but he has been the one cooking and preparing breakfast so I think it is right and just for me to iron only once or twice a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment