Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Five-Minute Writer - Day 13 - Turning stains into stories

The author challenged us to write using a random choice of a character, a setting, and an object.

Gardener - museum - umbrella

8 a.m.

As I mopped the floor of the museum, I saw the gardener coming and putting on his gloves. He started to trim the bushes and next, he moved on to take the grass-cutter. I walked out and sniffed the smell of the grass. Then, I walked back in, as I love the smell of the grass, but I do not fancy the sound of the grass-cutter. When I see the blades of the grass-cutter, though I enjoy watching them spins, I somehow always imagine what if one of the blades suddenly fly away and hit my head. I paused as I was walked through the door. Ouw, the gardener has a new umbrella! “Hi, a new umbrella?” I shouted. He just nodded (or did he?) and kept cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment