Monday, December 17, 2018

The Five-Minute Writer - Day 9 - if only.. things would have been different and better

I came to Singapore for my bachelor’s degree, but I’ve been wanting to come here since I was 14. I really wanted to apply for the school-based scholarship or ASEAN scholarship to the secondary school here, but my dad did not let me go. I was really upset that time because it had been my source of motivation to study hard since I was secondary 1. However, when I got to come here, I think I didn’t regret losing the opportunity when I was 14. Though there were many reasons why things could have been better. I might have lost my Indonesian accent if I came here earlier. I might have got scholarship because my English would have been better. I might have got my PR earlier.
But no, I don’t regret.
Because if I came here earlier, I may have delayed my Sacrament of Confirmation like my other friends who came here since secondary school. I may have missed the important turning point in my life when I was 15. I may not have missed home so much since I was so independent since young.
Things would have been different and better, but I’m grateful with my current path.

No comments:

Post a Comment