Friday, December 28, 2018

The Five-Minute Writer - Day 15 - Fill in the blanks


“I need ____” she said.

“I need coke,” she said. She slouched on the office chair, took a sip of water, and sigh. She walked to her cubby and got some coins and walked out to find the vending machine.

“What happened?” I asked my colleague as she left.

“It seems that she struggled with a student,” she replied. Later on I learnt that one of our students refused to park his bike. He’s 10 and he’s getting stronger. He has been having a hard time these few days during transition time, and today my dear-coke-friend was the one struggling with him. He has little speech and today he really sat on his bike refusing to move.

“I was trying to swap with another staff as I was really struggling,” she said as she came back with the coke. “But the others were occupied too.”

“Oh well, sometimes you need a time out too, with the coke,” I patted her.

No comments:

Post a Comment